By Boisy G. Pitre
LEARNING a brand new PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE may be daunting. With rapid, Apple has diminished the barrier of access for constructing iOS and OS X apps by means of giving builders an leading edge programming language for Cocoa and Cocoa contact. Now in its moment version, rapid for rookies has been up to date to house the evolving positive aspects of this quickly followed language.
If you're new to quick, this ebook is for you. when you have by no means used C, C++, or Objective-C, this booklet is well for you. With this handson consultant, you’ll fast be writing fast code, utilizing Playgrounds to immediately see the result of your paintings. writer Boisy G. Pitre can provide a pretty good grounding in key fast language concepts—including variables, constants, kinds, arrays, and dictionaries—before he exhibits you the way to exploit Swift’s leading edge Xcode built-in improvement atmosphere to create apps for iOS and OS X.
THIS publication INCLUDES:
- Detailed guide, plentiful illustrations, and transparent examples
- Best practices from an skilled Mac and iOS developer
- Emphasis on tips on how to use Xcode, Playgrounds, and the REPL
www.peachpit.com/swiftbeginners2 comprises extra resources.
By Noel Rappin
Rails try Prescriptions is a finished advisor to checking out Rails purposes, masking Test-Driven improvement from either a theoretical point of view (why to check) and from a pragmatic standpoint (how to check effectively). It covers the middle Rails trying out instruments and strategies for Rails 2 and Rails three, and introduces well known accessories, together with Cucumber, Shoulda, Machinist, Mocha, and Rcov.
Your Ruby on Rails software is in poor health. it has got insects. not anyone recollects what that difficult piece of code was once purported to do, and no-one can inform what it really does. time cut-off dates are looming, yet whenever you're making the slightest switch to the code, anything else breaks.
you wish Test-Driven improvement (TDD), a confirmed procedure for bettering the layout, maintainability, and long term viability of software program. In TDD, the exams come first, after which code is written to compare the expectancy of the try. utilizing TDD ability writing higher code faster.
Ruby on Rails has unprecedented help for TDD. as well as the instruments that Rails has integrated, a wide and thriving checking out neighborhood provides new instruments at an accelerating fee. Rails try out Prescriptions is your consultant to the whole Rails checking out ecosystem.
Containing either useful code examples and dialogue of why trying out works, this e-book begins with the main easy positive factors added as a part of center Ruby on Rails. as soon as you have got built-in these positive aspects into your coding perform, you might want to use well known third-party checking out instruments reminiscent of RSpec, Shoulda, Cucumber, manufacturing facility woman, and Rcov. Rails attempt Prescriptions will make it easier to use those instruments and after they are acceptable. Rails attempt Prescriptions will disguise either the present Rails 2.3.x model in addition to the preliminary 3.0 release.
while you're a Rails programmer who exams code, this e-book is a useful advisor to the most recent in to be had checking out instruments. while you're a Rails programmer who does not try out code, then begin trying out instantly: this booklet can help.
By J. R. Parker
A cookbook of algorithms for universal snapshot processing applications
Thanks to advances in laptop and software program, algorithms were built that aid refined picture processing with no requiring an in depth history in arithmetic. This bestselling booklet has been totally up to date with the most recent of those, together with 2nd imaginative and prescient tools in content-based searches and using photos playing cards as picture processing computational aids. It’s a great reference for software program engineers and builders, complex programmers, pictures programmers, scientists, and different experts who require hugely really good snapshot processing.
- Algorithms now exist for a large choice of refined photograph processing functions required through software program engineers and builders, complicated programmers, snap shots programmers, scientists, and comparable specialists
- This bestselling booklet has been thoroughly up to date to incorporate the newest algorithms, together with second imaginative and prescient tools in content-based searches, information on glossy classifier tools, and photos playing cards used as photo processing computational aids
- Saves hours of mathematical calculating by utilizing allotted processing and GPU programming, and provides non-mathematicians the shortcuts had to software really refined applications.
Algorithms for photograph Processing and desktop imaginative and prescient, second Edition presents the instruments to hurry improvement of photo processing applications.
By Darrin Perez
Make a 2nd RPG in a Weekend exhibits you the way to create your own dungeon crawler online game in RPG Maker VX Ace in one weekend. the full procedure, from begin to end, is roofed inside this booklet. you will discover numerous dungeon maps and occasions, all damaged down in your convenience.
One of the toughest components of online game improvement is basically completing a online game, however it is usually some of the most vital steps with a view to turning into a online game developer. when you have but to complete a online game, this ebook offers you the arrogance and assets you want to ultimately be ready to create your personal RPG. as soon as you may have accomplished the sport during this publication, one can regulate it up to you're keen on, including new monsters and quests, and you will have the talents to head directly to create your moment online game all on your own. one of the themes lined during this publication are:
• developing a variety of different types of enemy encounters through using the eventing system.
• making a specific zone that enables the participant to choose their personality of selection rather than being compelled to play a selected character.
• smart makes use of of occasions to create goods that permit the participant to come to city immediately and summon automobiles to their side.
HTML5 Programming for ASP.NET Developers teaches you to harness the ability and adaptability of HTML5 on your ASP.NET internet varieties and ASP.NET MVC purposes. targeting the programmable beneficial properties of HTML5 that might be most precious to you as an ASP.NET developer, this ebook will take you immediately to the center of what you will get out of this new technology.
HTML5 Programming for ASP.NET Developers will make it easier to:
- Add interactivity and media on your websites utilizing the Canvas and Audio and Video APIs.
- Make your net purposes paintings offline, comprehend purchaser part garage concepts utilizing net garage, and paintings with neighborhood documents utilizing the dossier API.
- Use the verbal exchange API and internet Sockets for less complicated conversation among server and buyer.
Other issues contain multithreading with internet employees, knowing the hot enter kinds, utilizing Geolocation, and embellishing your net types and perspectives with CSS3. All significant browsers already aid HTML5 to various levels and are aggressively operating to supply full-fledged standardized help. commence utilizing HTML5 on your initiatives this day, and construct future-ready net purposes that benefit from the intriguing positive aspects that HTML5 has to supply.
If you’re grounded within the fundamentals of rapid, Xcode, and the Cocoa framework, this e-book presents a established rationalization of all crucial real-world iOS app elements. via deep exploration and copious code examples, you’ll find out how to create perspectives, control view controllers, and upload positive aspects from iOS frameworks.
Stay updated on iOS nine techniques, equivalent to the hot format constraint notation, multiplied UIKit dynamics, revised unwind segues, iPad multitasking, and the Contacts framework. All instance code is obtainable on GitHub that you should obtain, examine, and run.
- Create, manage, draw, layer, and animate perspectives that reply to touch
- Use view controllers to regulate a number of interface screens
- Master interface periods for scroll perspectives, desk perspectives, textual content, popovers, break up perspectives, internet perspectives, and controls
- Dive into frameworks for sound, video, maps, and sensors
- Access consumer libraries: tune, photographs, contacts, and calendar
- Understand extra subject matters, together with documents, networking, and threads
By Timothy G. Mattson
The Parallel Programming advisor for Every software program Developer
From grids and clusters to next-generation online game consoles, parallel computing goes mainstream. concepts comparable to Hyper-Threading know-how, HyperTransport expertise, and multicore microprocessors from IBM, Intel, and sunlight are accelerating the movement's progress. just one factor is lacking: programmers with the abilities to satisfy the hovering call for for parallel software program.
That's the place Patterns for Parallel Programming is available in. it is the first parallel programming consultant written in particular to serve operating software program builders, not only laptop scientists. The authors introduce an entire, hugely available development language that may support any skilled developer "think parallel"-and commence writing potent parallel code presently. rather than formal concept, they carry confirmed options to the demanding situations confronted by means of parallel programmers, and pragmatic counsel for utilizing modern day parallel APIs within the genuine global. insurance comprises:
- Understanding the parallel computing panorama and the demanding situations confronted through parallel developers
- Finding the concurrency in a software program layout challenge and decomposing it into concurrent tasks
- Managing using info throughout tasks
- Creating an set of rules constitution that successfully exploits the concurrency you've got identified
- Connecting your algorithmic buildings to the APIs had to enforce them
- Specific software program constructs for imposing parallel programs
- Working with brand new best parallel programming environments: OpenMP, MPI, and Java
Patterns have helped hundreds of thousands of programmers grasp object-oriented improvement and different complicated programming applied sciences. With this publication, you are going to study that they are tips to grasp parallel programming too.
By Vandad Nahavandipoor
You can construct quite a few remarkable apps at the iOS platform—and each of them offers a different set of difficulties. With the recipes during this cookbook, you are going to transcend thought to resolve the vexing, real-life matters you’re more likely to face while growing apps for the iPhone, iPad, or iPod contact. each one recipe offers a transparent answer and pattern code so you might use correct away.
You'll locate ideas for operating with improvement frameworks in iOS SDK four and applied sciences corresponding to Cocoa, Objective-C, Xcode, and Interface Builder. no matter if you may have a bit or loads of event with iOS improvement, you’ll locate the assistance you would like for each section of the method, from preliminary proposal to accomplished project.
- Work with Objective-C periods, gadgets, houses, delegates, and reminiscence management
- Construct a consumer interface with gesture recognizers
- Develop location-aware purposes with the Map equipment and middle situation APIs
- Build apps that play audio and video, deal with calendars and occasions, entry contacts and teams, or faucet into the photograph Library
- Use the middle movement framework to entry the accelerometer and gyroscope
- Maintain chronic garage for iOS apps with the middle information framework
- Create multitasking-aware apps that allow clients depart and go back with no wasting their place
By Ryan Benedetti, Ronan Cranley
If you must learn—and understand—how to create interactive web content, unobtrusive script, and funky animations that do not kill your browser, this e-book is for you.
- Use jQuery with DOM to beat the restrictions of HTML and CSS
- Learn how jQuery selectors and activities paintings together
- Write capabilities and cord them to interface elements
- Use jQuery results to create activities at the page
- Make your pages come alive with animation
- Build interactive web content with jQuery and Ajax
- Build types in net applications
Discover the benefits of programming in D with over a hundred awfully potent recipes
About This Book
- Leverage D to write down effective and proper courses with minimal code
- Learn complicated code iteration thoughts to automate programming tasks
- See tips on how to practice D idioms to real-world difficulties and know the way it may well profit you
Who This e-book Is For
If you're an skilled programmer who's seeking to discover a language that provides lots of benefits over extra tested programming languages, this can be the publication for you. We suppose that you're already acquainted with common programming language fundamentals, yet you don't need to be a knowledgeable person of D.
What you are going to Learn
- Use the D programming language from "Hello global" to reveal steel code
- Gain an perception into heading off the rubbish collector and comprehend its professionals and cons in real-world code examples
- Discover how you can use D's abstraction talents to utilize its effective and simple source administration capabilities
- Implement and use levels, a D idiom for lazy series implementation with decoupled wide-spread algorithms
- Explore quite a few third-party libraries to be had to get your paintings performed faster
- Integrate D into latest C, C++, and different environments
- Prove application correctness with static research and test-driven development
D is a latest programming language that makes use of the common C relations syntax whereas providing complex modeling features, safeguard promises, programmer productiveness, and excessive potency. It allows you to get the main from your and your programmers concurrently, saving either improvement and deployment costs.
This functional advisor will stroll you thru getting the paintings performed with D, from writing your first application to writing complex autogenerated gadgets, with notes in line with real-world reports telling you approximately power pitfalls and the way to prevent them. you are going to use a number of the third-party libraries on hand for D to get code operating quickly, together with entry to database engines, snapshot processing, and more.