By Gerardo F. Torres del Castillo
This systematic and self-contained therapy of the speculation of three-d spinors and their purposes fills a big hole within the literature. with out utilizing the well-known Clifford algebras usually studied in reference to the representations of orthogonal teams, spinors are built during this paintings for 3-dimensional areas in a language analogous to the spinor formalism utilized in relativistic spacetime.
Unique positive factors of this work:
* Systematic, coherent exposition throughout
* Introductory remedy of spinors, requiring no past wisdom of spinors or complicated wisdom of Lie groups
* 3 chapters dedicated to the definition, homes and purposes of spin-weighted services, with all historical past given.
* particular therapy of spin-weighted round harmonics, homes and lots of purposes, with examples from electrodynamics, quantum mechanics, and relativity
* wide selection of subject matters, together with the algebraic type of spinors, conformal rescalings, connections with torsion and Cartan's structural equations in spinor shape, spin weight, spin-weighted operators and the geometrical that means of the Ricci rotation coefficients
* Bibliography and index
This paintings will serve graduate scholars and researchers in arithmetic and mathematical and theoretical physics; it's appropriate as a path or seminar textual content, as a reference textual content, and will even be used for self-study.